Beadboard Cabinet Redo





I found this skinny cabinet at a garage sale a few weeks ago.  I was looking for something for my son's college apartment. It was the right size, but the more I thought of it, it was not the right piece for a college guy.   I decided to get him something else and would keep this for myself.



I wasn't thrilled with the color, but loved the cabinet itself.  





I like the patina of the wood shelves inside, so decided to leave them.



Easy enough to change what I didn't like....
I painted several coats of white on it 


I then distressed it with sanding blocks and an electric sander.





I added old blue canning jars and the old can of seed packets on the top.





I'm not sure where I'm going to put it long-term, but here it is in the entry for now.








Thanks for your visit!
Pam
I am linking to the following parties:

>
DIY Show Off
Furniture Feature Fridays