Fluffing our Empty Nest

We just got back from taking both of our kids to college.  It's a very strange feeling to be empty-nesters!  In the spirit of this, I came up with this simple "nest-themed" tablescape.





 I used my Mom's silver.  She purchased it piece by piece when she was 18.  I am so thrilled to have it!






I found these square bowls at TJMaxx on clearance.



I found this nest at Twig.   I LOVE her stuff!



I made these napkins this summer.  HERE  is the link to learn how I made them.  Jane at Cottage at the Crossroads told me about the grapevine napkin rings she found at Hobby Lobby.  I think they look great and were really cheap there!   (on sale for $1.25 for six!)



I made these topiaries a few weeks ago.  HERE are the directions for making them.
  





I found these birds at TJMaxx for $1.99 each.  


A little bit of brown paint and they look so much better!


I have to keep the doors closed if I have the table set so Bailey the cat doesn't come in.  :)  He is sure the table is set for him! 




Thank you so much for visiting!

Pam


I am linking to the following parties: